12/22/07

Wow - anyone have a spare lighthouse around? It is foggy here in Chicagoland. Rainy and not at all the magical white christmas I always have in the back of my head. I just really worry for my friends that are driving far distances (like Nick, Alesha and Lindsey...hopefully they will avoid this crummy weather or at the very least drive safe!)

I had a lot of time to kill yesterday at the airport so I ate at the relatively new Ike's restaurant. There was the cutest older couple sitting next to me at the bar. They were just good friends traveling together for christmas. If I'm still single when I'm in my late 70's (which might be a distinct possiblity) I hope I can find a friend to travel with just like Tom, the man who was sitting next to me. He asked what she wanted and when the waitress came to take the order he said, Gwen here will have the turkey and I'll have the french dip. He had waxed so poetically about the sandwich and not that I was really trying to eavesdrop but it's just hard not to while sitting at the bar...I had to order that too. Although boy...it was a tad expensive sandwich but yummy...garlicy beef on a roll with au jus and cole slaw and a whole bowl of perfectly fried fries.

What is it about french fries that either make them really good or terribly bad?

Anyhow...after that I left and went in search of a rest room. The only important part of my story there was that the people from Dyson (maker of the vaccum cleaner)are test marketing something called the air blade to replace the typically air blower dryers in public restrooms...see the picture of the dyson guy modeling the airblade from their website...I just wondered though really why he thought this was the next big technology the world needed.

Shopping today was obnoxious. Remind me next year that I want to purchase everything I possibly can online. I still have to venture out tomorrow as I'm no where near done.


Jerry and I went to go see National Treasure tonight. What a great movie. Kept me interested, wasn't a typical thing where you knew exactly where the plot was going the entire time and I had never seen the original and while I didn't catch some of the subtle humor that was obviously brought over from the first movie I give it a 4 out of 4 stars...something I don't give to many movies.

No comments: