I almost died yesterday. Or maybe I saved our lives? Okay, so it wasn't THAT bad, however for the guy in the elevator and myself the fact that the elevator we were riding in not only stopped but dropped about a foot and jerked to a stop made the five minutes I spent frantically pressing buttons on the elevator seem like fifteen minutes.
At least it's good to know had I really been in a plunging elevator that I was able to keep a cool head. I also have either my brother Jerry or my cousin Arnie to thank for those many "worst case scenario" books we seemed to pass along to each other ever other christmas back in the 80's.
Luckily I pressed the floor he had just gotten on and the door opened and we were able to climb off that elevator.
Of course, then instead of taking the stairs the rest of the way down, what did we do? Yep, we climbed into another elevator and rode our way down.
No comments:
Post a Comment