Today we had our Eco-family holiday lunch. Which was chicken, stuffing and asparagus, rolls and a petit fours that tasted like a cross between a crispy kreme donut and a piece of wedding cake. It wasn't bad foodwise. I do often wonder how so many people in one division just don't like talking to each other. As I looked around the room (and yes, myself included) we all were just eating and not really talking all that much. And then the floor show...getting to listen to financial results and the "2008" plan and vision and the future for about the 800th time. Okay maybe only three times, but seriously, let's be a little festive?
Then, as an aside at the gathering down in Mississippi a few weeks ago, I made a smart aleck comment about the gifts we were giving to our new associates and the prizes they were able to win at the event. So as part of the speeches it was said "tina was complaining to me that you all don't ever get any prizes so I'm going to give away two tickets to tomorrow night's Minnesota Wild Game."
Anyhow...it wouldn't have been so cheesy except that just yesterday a pair of tickets were trying to be sold via e-mail and well...as much as I appreciate the expense of those tickets, it just was a tad lackluster of a "prize". Of course I am playing sour grapes because a) I did not win b) I don't really understand hockey so I'm kind of glad I did not win and c) I can easily compare what we gave out in Mississippi and well...it's really kind of sinful especially in a thou shall not covet thy neighbor's ipod Nano, gps navigation system, dvd player or digital camera.
I promise I will post more over Christmas break...it's been a really tightly packed week.
No comments:
Post a Comment