Today was a cold but lovely day. I really don't understand how life gets so busy. I also realize that sometimes I put way too much time in little things that in the great grand scheme of things, really don't matter and I've really got to catch a clue on how to change that as life is passing me by.
My friend Amy and I went to see the Nutcracker this afternoon. The music was wonderfully relaxing and some of the dancing was truly inspired. I found it just so fascinating watching the dancers feet. We kind of agreed that the set decoration left a lot to be desired but I guess in the end, if the dance can't tell the story then no amount of props might help. The little girl who played Clara was truly talented. I just couldn't help contrasting this fanciful dream of the nutcracker with the dreams of these dancers to perform...puts living the dream into perspective.
What I can say is that I did not like the balcony seats in the O'Shaughnessy theater. If only just from the amount of the rise/run of the seating it made me feel a bit dizzy. Also that place needs more restrooms...
Also, having not really slept well the last several days being in a dark theater, with Tchaikovsky playing is probably not the best way to stave off sleep and I found myself relaxing to the point of almost nodding off.
Afterwards we went to Punch pizza. It was a little less yummy than the last time I went...they kind of overcrisped the dough (burned a bit) and well...I did enjoy the company and in the end, it was a great way to spend a sunday afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment