12/13/07

I went to my first cookie exchange tonight. It was fun but boy I got home and tried a few cookies...okay more than a few... and now I'm very full and have a small sugary headache. I might just need a glass of milk.

I liked this Italian cookie that was apparently made with ricotta cheese mostly because it wasn't so sweet and kind of tasted like this bread my grandma used to make. I also really liked the molasses cookie because it reminded me of pffernuss - probably butchered the spelling of them however they are these puffy cookies that are spicy and sweet.

I wasn't all that pleased with the cookies I brought with to the exchange...they are too sweet...and just so-so. I just didn't have enough time to figure out a different cookie to bring.

This weekend I will also roll out Alton Brown's chocolate chip cookie recipe to round out what I'm bringing home. (I'll probably save the cookies and bring them home with me.)

No comments: