
I did get up early to venture to the Waffle House. I have eaten at waffle houses before so this was not a new experience but apparently I needed to consult a few friends before ordering as I did not have hashbrowns. I also thought back to an episode of Ramsay Kitchen nightmares when he advised to run quickly from places that showed photos of their food on the menu. I do like eggs and hashbrowns and the whole breakfast line up but lately I've been more of a waffle person. Maybe it was the subtle subliminal messaging in "waffle house" and as they touted their waffle as a "sweet cream" Original, as because it was only $2.50, I had to order that...with a side of bacon and a sweet tea...which I have to say I'm a big fan of sweet tea.
There were two people sleeping in booths on one end of the diner so I opted for the counter. Besides which I could watch their show of short order cook mastery.
It was good. I will return to the waffle house.
The trip down was long. It was an irritating adventure as I have several HUGE projects that I needed to get done and I now learned that designing and laying out documents on an airplane and bus just cannot be done.
Not that there was ANY hope of doing anything on the plane ride back because we were packed into that plane like a tin of sardines. I luckily had the window seat which allowed for window room. However in the seats next to me were two really really large men. And the middle seat man was a modern day "grumpy" and vocal about his displeasure about having to be crammed next to me. Counter that with a modern day "happy" next to him and it also made for an interesting contrast.
I don't think "grumpy" liked to fly either. I advised that perhaps he'd be more comfortable if the arm rest wasn't digging into his side so we raised them and he seemed to relax. And then pretty much told me the story of his trip. He was layed off from his general manager position in November and is moving to Alabama. And something about being picked up in Alabama for his job interview in a limo. I was exhausted and getting over my irritation about the whole event that I really was trying to listen but fighting a losing battle where sleep eventually won out.
I am glad that the next several meetings are going to be here and not there...not that it isn't a nice place however getting there is kind of a huge pain.
No comments:
Post a Comment