11/29/07

It's 11:30 and we just arrived via bus into Columbus Mississippi. We are staying at the oldest Holiday Inn known to man. Okay, perhaps I exaggerate. I'm tempted to knock on the room next door and actually invite them in as it pretty much sounds like they are in my room anyhow.

We stopped at Applebees with the bus on the way down in Olive Branch, MS. The bus driver had suggested Cracker Barrel however with Pete's recent scare of food poisioning somehow we ended up at Applebees. Not exactly my first choice when it comes to "experiencing" the culture of a town however there's not much around and we were driving the largest bus they could have rented. Seriously, we have 10 people driving around in a 59 seat bus. Ridiculous.

I was going to do all sorts of work however of course the person sitting in front of me on the plane had to recline his seat all the way back so I could barely get my laptop open. Then the bus trip was so bumpy that it made it really difficult to manuver the mouse...so I pretty much gave up and put on my ipod shuffle and listened to the tunes I thought to bring with.

The moon was so oddly pretty tonight...kind of a half moon but split in half horizontally instead of vertically. There is a waffle house connected to our hotel and as I need to be up and ready to roll at 6:45 I'm thinking breakfast at the waffle house around 5:30 might be in order. (Gotta do something southern while I'm down here right?)

2 comments:

Nettie said...

Waffle House!? Hope you had their wonderful hashbrowns. I'm a huge fan of their hashbrowns. There is just something about them. I'm suddenly jealous of the fact that you are there and I'm not. But only because of the Waffle House.

Nick said...

Ah, Waffle House. That and Chick-fil-a are two things my newly-adopted state is lacking. I have get periodic cravings for scattered, smothered, covered, diced, toped, peppered and capped hashbrowns that I can never quite satisfy...