There are times when I really wonder what it is God is trying to tell my family? My uncle was taken to the hospital this a.m. Of course being a few hundred miles away I don't know many details other than the fact that he wasn't able to walk and until they try and detoxify his body from the medications he's been taking they probably won't know what's happening to him. So we have another week of hospitals and tests and the joy of wondering.
Cancer, heart problems, loss of jobs, floods, waiting for tests, car accidents, it just seems like this past year has been a lot to endure. It always frustrates me when people have to find deep meaning in everything but when the sheer amount of weekly trials keep happening you can't help but ask yourself if there's something to take notice?
Of course with this week being Thanksgiving it's also great to look at the blessings too so that's what I'll attempt to do this week...starting with family
There is a blessing in every one of Emily's smiles.
Even though it's hard to watch Dad struggle, I'm thankful for every day that I still can hear his voice.
I'm thankful for my mom - who seems to know when I need to talk and who has finally acknowledged that she needs to take care of herself if she's going to be able to take care of the rest of us.
I'm thankful for Sara - who loves Pete and has brought out his softer side. I'm thankful for what I'm starting to see as a bridge to becoming closer to them as well.
I'm thankful for Jerry - aside from the things that I listed in our birthday tribute, he's just really been a strong support for mom and dad and that's put a lot of burden on him that he doesn't really complain about.
No comments:
Post a Comment