11/19/07

So next week we head to Mississippi for the first official "Eco" hello to our new friends. As part of the event we are supposed to think of a game to play with them that could allow them to win prizes. (Heck I'd like a prize too...gift certificates...electronics...where's my Ipod?) But I digress. So our HR department sent me the list of questions that they ask people at our employee training classes and I kid you not one of the questions asked....what does ICK stand for? I could not stop laughing because when things get really crummy that's our nickname for the place I work...ICK-O.

I've not been to mississippi...even just typing it reminds me of grade school and learning how to spell mississippi...it was one of my favorite states to learn. M-I-SS-I-SS-I-PP-I. The other really cool thing to note is if you look at the states I have been to...by visiting Mississippi I will have finished visiting the lower third of the US.



create your own personalized map of the USA
or check out ourCalifornia travel guide


Apparently the college where we are hosting our event was the first women's college in the USA. There's not a whole lot else to see on the Chamber of Commerce map it pretty much lists the college and the cemetery as the high points. Also they have a home of General Stephen D. Lee, who gave the order to fire the first shot of the Civil War upon Fort Sumter. Such an utterly random but interesting tidbit of history. Everyone remembers General Robert E. Lee...wonder how many know the story of Stephen D. And how many times the people there have to say that they have no relation.


Oh and they have a museum of artifacts dating back to the Cretaceous and Pleistocene ages. Really really really old stuff. Which might be interesting if only to understand what the cretaceous and pleistocene ages even is, but again, I doubt I will have much time for sightseeing as we have a pretty tight schedule of set-up and tear down and events... We are flying into Memphis...another city I've not been to and driving three hours to the town. No rest for the weary and no time for Elvis either I'm sure.

1 comment:

Alesha said...

i like the new design!