Several years ago Jerry and I took a trip to Washington DC. We had a blast playing tourist. One thing we laughed at was the National Zoo. We must have picked the worst time to visit because pretty much every animal looked like this:

Which I consider the perfect example of inanimate.
We also had a great time riding their subway. That is the best system and I was amazed at how clean everything was and how easy it was to navigate. It's one of my more favorite shots from the trip because of the lines and curves. I love the waffle pattern in the ceiling. And it does cast such an eerie yellow tone...
It was also at this station that Jerry burst my bubble and declared that we were destined to never win the Amazing Race (mostly because I asked him if he consulted the directory to make sure we were on the right platform in the stereotypical woman checking directions mode I was in) Of course, I did at one point harbor delusion that we'd make a pretty good team on the Amazing Race however at some point he typically brings me back to realizing that those pipe dreams of bungee jumping over the Yangtze river might never be a reality. Of course have you seen this season's amazing race? I think they need to re-think the name of that show. It used to be that their challenges were actually challenging however pole vaulting over a stream and searching through bicycles to find one painted with the proper flag just seems a little not-so-Amazing in comparison.
No comments:
Post a Comment