Office Birthdays and Anniversaries
The Office today was again kind of lame. I just want them to stop making Michael such a loser. Sure he was kind of an idiot but more of a likeable one than the bumbling oaf he's been lately. Also there just doesn't seem to be enough office interaction.
Although I will say this...I laughed at the whole office birthday fiasco. We had the exact same thing happen in our office. It got to be too much to celebrate everyone's birthday or anniversary so we decided to combine them to avoid the hassle. The problem was it was hard to please everyone with the type of "snack" they picked and so people just stopped showing up. Also, there were really only a few of us that ever talked to each other so the HR person who reminds me so much of Angela its uncanny used to bring out her printed out version of whose birthday or anniversary it was and we had to sing to them or at the very least engage them in conversation...Typically the anniversary talk would go something like "wow...you made it through another year" or if the person had worked there over 5 years "wow...do you think you'll make it another year?"
One month someone ordered a heap of meat and cheese instead of cake...everyone complained there wasn't any cake...the next month we had cake and only three people showed up.
Just the other day I realized that we really haven't had a birthday celebration since June and I don't think anyone has missed it. It's sad really but that is the state of our office.
I just heard that our new HR manager is actually going to be housed on our floor (every other HR manager we've had has had their office on a different floor) I do wonder if we'll actually talk to them more than once every five years? Time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment