Have you been to the movies lately and seen the trailer for MOGORIUM'S WONDER EMPORIUM? What is with Dustin Hoffman's accent or lisp? Just having to listen to that during the trailer was enough to want to run from the theater. (And I mean no disrespect to people who suffer with lisping however this was a tad annoying.) I also thought to myself this concept had been done before... or similarly by the movie Jumangi maybe?
On the other hand I thankfully didn't gouge my eyes and ears out so I could see two trailers that look somewhat decent...August Rush which just looks like a good story and Grace is Gone - which won a sundance movie festival award and looks really good. However I might just have to wait until that comes out on video because the trailer pretty much had me close to sobbing and while I have been a tad emotional as of late, I'm just not sure I want to be wailing in a movie theater by myself.
It was quite the whim that I went to the movies tonight. I had it in my head to see Dan In Real Life however the movie had already started and I hate walking into a movie late. So I went to see the new John Cussack movie Martian Child. First off...he looked really tired in this movie and that was a tad depressing. Also Joan, his sister was yet again playing her wisened sister with kids role that she tends to play in every movie and that was a little annoying.
The martian child was a tad creepy with sunscreen on his face the entire time however I thought the movie was okay for a way to spend a friday night. There were some lines about love that melted my heart. I did think the whole storyline could have been developed more about his wife dying and maybe I would have liked to see a little more romance from the relationship he had with Amanda Peet's character but on the other hand ...the subtle story there was kind of refreshing as it did focus the attention on David and the kid's relationship.
I cringe at irresponsible adult action so when they were tossing plates I just found that slightly stupid. So all in all I give it a C. It was okay. A little slow in parts but a likeable story nonetheless.
2 comments:
Hello My Fine Friend.
Georgeous Baptism Pix!! Interesting thing this blogging.
More interesting is the blogger and less interesting is the blogee?
Anyway... wanted to let you know that I had yet ANOTHER conversation about my changing-address-childhood... I think I am going to need to get zen with this question.
I did managed to fit in that there is ONE person in this world, other than my family that has known me for over 20 years.
and that of course is YOU. Yea for YOU!!
Miss you bunches,
kimberanberly
I'll make a blogger out of you yet...come join this fine insanity. :) For those of us that lived in one place our whole childhood the fact that you had multiple addresses. I guess I just have to thank your dad that all he did was move you from highland to...hmmm...what was the name of that final street...was it grove? Sigwalt...ah the memory fails me. MISS YOU TOO FRIEND...chat to you off the blog.
Post a Comment