To my friends, co-workers in Southern California - I'm praying for the winds to die sooner than expected and for the safety of everyone. To the firefighters currently battling the blaze, may you stay safe and thanks for doing what you can to fight the fire and keep others safe as well.
I've always had a great fear of fire. My friends can tell you that even when we have bonfires, I'm typically the one wondering why we have to build them so big and whether it's too close to the house or tree timber.
In grade school I had nightmares almost every night that a fire would be roaring down our block and I'd be stuck in our house. Seeing the video footage of the fire in CA - I cannot even imagine the nightmare those people are facing for real.
2 comments:
I'm with you. I don't do well around large fires. In fact fireplaces have been known to get my heart hammering if the logs move or pop too much. I've been to bon fires on the beach and those didn't bother me too much but when we have them in our fireplace out in the yard I get nervous.
And on the good side, my folks got into their house this evening. It smells like smoke and the yard is covered in a thick blanket of ash but the house is fine.
Oh what good news. So far I haven't heard of anyone in my network who has much more than a lot of ash and soot and that's a blessing.
Post a Comment