Today was a beautiful sunny day. I had the chance to escape work at lunchtime for a lunch meeting with a new creative agency. I had to venture into Minneapolis to meet them at their offices.
I don't go to Minneapolis much. Ever really. Except for a few work functions involving eating vast amounts of meat (see previous postings) and the occasional WLC Dinner Group there just hasn't been that great a need to venture over to the other side of the Mississippi.
When I do I typically print out a yahoo map or google map or mapquest map...almost all of which by the time I'm halfway to the location typically has me swearing at the sheet of paper while frantically trying to figure out where I am and what street I'm really supposed to be on.
Today I knew I was doomed when the yahoo map said one street name and then the next direct said continue se on a different street name however it never said to turn left. And so, there I was with 15 minutes left to get to my meeting and no foggy clue what street I was on or how I would find main street. And I had forgotten my cell phone back in my coat pocket which I left hanging in my office.
But, as always, somehow the directional angels were with me and I somehow wound up on a different street that connected into another street that was on my Yahoo! map and YAHOOO...I was back in business. And where did I end up? Apparently had I looked more closely I would have realized they were in the St. Anthony Main area - an area I had been meaning to get down to see. What a pretty little area. But totally distracting during the meeting I kept seeing these tour group wander by on those segueway scooters...just a little odd. Anyhow I may have to wander back to that area some weekend.
1 comment:
Apparently those scooter tours are the thing to do in that area. Let me know when you go, I'll join you.
Post a Comment