9/20/07

Went to the dentist again this afternoon to have the fillings filled. JOY! The fact that they are on both sides of my mouth and I still can't feel much even almost two hours later is just wonderful.

So the topic the dentist and his helper decide to talk about during the filling....McDonald's French Fries. Now sincerely...it's torture enough having all sorts of equipment in my already too-small mouth.

Of all the fast food fries I tend to prefer the McDonald's ones. And granted the suction wielding assistant and I did start the conversation while the dentist took a mid drilling break to go wait on two other patients HOWEVER...when the dentist came back they continued the conversation on to fries, bigmacs, etc.

The assistant did have a good tip that I never really thought of...I'm a fan of the fries but only if they are freshly fried...and that hardly ever happens. She says that what she does is always orders her fries unsalted - this way she can not only put on her own salt BUT the fries HAVE to be fried fresh because the ones sitting under the heat lamp are typically salted already.

And all I have to say to that is BRILLIANT!!

They then got into the discussion of thousand island dressing vs. secret sauce and apparently the assistant had never had two all beef patties, special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame seed bun. Is that third middle bun really necessary? Think of the money they'd save if they just got rid of it? Yep these are the things I think about while the dentist is working in my mouth.

That and he said one of the squeeking sounds he was making sounded like walking in snow and I just didn't see that...it sounded more like balloons rubbing together or walking with wet rubber galoshes on a tile floor.

Can you just imagine what I would be like if the dentist I went to used "happy gas"?

1 comment:

Nick said...

Having worked at McDonalds, one of the easiest ways to annoy the staff is to order your fries with no salt. First of all, no one eats fries with no salt. Seriously, if you've got a problem with salt, taking the salt off of the fries is the least of your concerns. Have you ever taken a look at the sodium content of a Big Mac? Second, in order to get everything with no salt, you have to clear out the fry bin and put a new batch down. That's fine and good, but the process will take you about 4 minutes. And that's assuming that they'll get to your request right away.

At any rate, if you have to have fresh fries, the no salt option does work. Just go when the store's not busy and be willing to wait for 5 minutes.