Went to the dentist this a.m. They have yet another new young upwardly mobile dentist at the place I go to. (Apparently in the time I haven't been there I actually missed the coming and going of a whole other dentist.) I really didn't mean to not be there in almost a year. Part of the problem is that the appointments almost always coincide with my travel schedule in March and then I forget to make new appointments later in April or May...and this year I didn't remember until September.
Surely after almost 10 years of braces I'm not going to mess around with my teeth. Today however, after been poked and prodded by those stupid sharp pickax things the hygienist says to me - boy your gums are bleeding...I wanted to say...hmmm YA THINK the prodding and poking had anything to do with that? But I kept my sarcasm to myself. I have to go back tomorrow and have three small fillings for cavities in the way rear of my mouth JOY! They are on both sides of my mouth and I'm terrible with novicane...it just doesn't typically work so...I imagine tomorrow evening may be a difficult evening.
Today at lunch we relaunched our Office at the office lunch group. We've broadened the group to include a few new marketing and finance people. I kind of think we should just post it somewhere to be inclusionary for anyone who wants to join...we'd need to reserve a conference room though and that might pose a problem. Today we watched the episode where Dwight has to give his salesperson of the year speech. Too funny. I particularly appreciated the Jock Jams reference as every year I have to pretty much convince John that WE DO NOT want to abuse the CD for our annual meetings.
So I end with a list of songs or movies if I never hear again at a national sales meeting it will be too soon:
1. Don't Start Thinkin' About Tomorrow
2. The theme from Rocky
3. The theme from Hoosiers
4. That end scene from Rudy
5. Danger Zone
(yep, you really want to come to one of our sales meetings don't ya?)
6. Money money money
7. Get Ready for this...Are you ready to rumble or any other song from the Jock Jams 4 CD
Yep - to quote one of my favorite salespeople...I'm livin' the dream.
No comments:
Post a Comment