It's one of those things I'll pray about tonight and hope when I wake up tomorrow hopefully it was just an odd reaction. Attention Dentists who might be wandering by my blog tonight....should I be worried?

I saw a commercial for speed banking Monopoly. Seriously one of the "teaching" tools for fun with math was being able to make change out of those blue and green and pink bills and now they just hand over a credit card and rack up $45,000. I'm a bit of a purist and think this might be the worst thing parker brothers may have ever done to franchise their game.
At the Relay for Life I had to make small change and it took me a moment to recall my cashiering skills from my stint as a customer service and cash office manager at filene's basement. I recall one rainy day losing complete power and having to write out tickets by hand...a cash office NIGHTMARE! Luckily I had trained my entire staff the fine art of counting back change and well...I just envision games like this further widening the gap of customer service and cashiering skills across this land. But I'm sure some enterprising young punk at parker brothers thought to themselves...no one pays $12 for a hotel room any more - and why are we only charging $9.00 for a game when surely we can make it electronic and sell it for $40.00?
I'm not even that big of a fan of the game, although of the games that were still in mom's "game closet" I'd pick that over The Love Boat Game (You don't even WANT to know the rules for that game - get your mind out of the gutter...we were kids and really liked Love Boat) and Life (I just never really liked anything about that game other than to spin that stupid spinner).
Alas, I'm going to take my crooked smile and retire for a while...
No comments:
Post a Comment