TV tonight...typically I really enjoy emmy night. Award shows in general are somewhat lame lately however I'm a bit of a celebrity follower so the fact that channel surfed through the entire show either was because I really haven't been watching all that much tv or it was just a boring show. I did see Christina Aguilara and Tony Bennett's duet. I like old style era of crooners like Bing Crosby, Harry Connick Jr., Frank Sinatra, but I just haven't been that big of a fan of Tony Bennett...maybe because he sounds like he's just talking? I remember a few years ago for the Eco-Christmas party we had him come to give a concert for us and while it was okay - I just can't see spending that much money to see him in concert in real life. I was distracted by Christina's hair color and until they gave the award for some special Tony did I was really just trying to figure out how "Steppin' Out with my baby" fit the Emmy show.
I then saw the end of HGTV's design star and was SO HAPPY that Todd didn't win. He just seemed to always go for the edge of reasonable taste and I just didn't think a lot of his rooms functioned in real life...they were good tv for a WOW - look what he did sort of function but man...I would not be watching that show. As for last year's winner - I've caught a few of his shows and they seem sort of tired. Also - what was with his outfit today...mixing a oxford type of plaid sweater with a totally unmatched plaid shirt underneath was just wrong and he flipped up his collar like we used to do in Junior high.
Then I caught the end of Iron Chef. Apparently they are on a search for a new Iron Chef which may be interesting ....or not. There seem to be a glut of "Top Chef" sorts of shows and I'm not sure I care who is the next Iron Chef. Although if it would mean not having to see so much of bobby flay, mario and cat cora that would be a good thing too.
Yep- I don't watch that much tv HA! Just when I do I tend to channel surf.
No comments:
Post a Comment