9/17/07

MMMMMMMMONDAY! What an uneventful day. Although I take that back...I did get permission from work to take a vacation day on October 1st - so family and friends of IL - be prepared because I'm heading home the weekend of Sept. 28 and that means that yes, I will be at mom and dad's open house for little em.

I also found out I get to visit Fort Wayne, IN in October too (our sales office is there and I have to go down and train our new Sales Administrator in the fine art of frustration otherwise known as publishing to our Econet internal website) man am I lucky or what? Did you know that Fort Wayne has the largest genealogy collection in the US? Carole Lombard was born there and you can stay in the house where she was born (unless it's been sold) It's a quick turnaround trip so I'm sure that I won't even see much of it.

I also saw that there's a possibility they have a Bob Evans restaurant there which leads me back to my second favorite topic to blog about (next to Propresenter apparently) and that's food.

I'm sad that most of the Cracker Barrel's in the area have closed down. I used to love their breakfast and inparticular, an odd craving for a northern gal like me....I miss their grits or the ability to choose fixin's with a meal...sure there's sides, but when you get to choose fixin's you know they are bound to be somethin' special.

Back home and it's been years since this restaurant closed but there was a chain of restaurants called Bill Knapps and when it was my turn to pick, I typically picked to eat there...they had the best augratin potatoes. I am after all a carb lover from way back.

So I stopped at Keys Cafe tonight for dinner. (Picked up a book at Northwestern bookstore and decided I was hungry.) I was walking into Keys and this man I don't know shouts out HEYYYY....Woodbury Lutheran....and sticks his hand out a-la Howie Mandel handshakewise like we were in some sort of club... I stuck my fist out to say hello and went on to my seat. It was nice in a way...but I probably should of said something more like...oh great to meet you...what's your name? But I didn't. Another one of those "that what is not said moments."

I was talking to Kay (our current temp - someday I should blog about my experience with the temps that come through our department...) Anyhow she is great... I really like and hope that she will be hired on full time...she says that she volunteers at the Loft Literary Center (much like me she was an English Writing double major and unlike me she still pursues her writing, while I just babble on the blog.) However it did make me wonder if that's what's been pulling at me...to start to write again? At the very least I figure on checking out their website and see if anything catches my fancy.

And now I must go crack open the book I bought...The Rest of God - by the same writer of one of the more intriguing books I've read this year...Your God is too safe. I read the first chapter while standing in the aisle at the store and what Mark Buchanan said is so in tune to how I'm feeling about work and life that I wonder too if Sabbath is something I'm missing too? I'll let you know what I think of it in a few days.

No comments: