9/13/07

Rather fond of fondue :) Sunday my friend Alesha invited me over to scrapbook or whatever with the lure of fondue. I can't believe I've never had this delightful thing. I love appetizers and small food and dipping anything in cheese and chocolate has to be the best idea for dinner.

To start we had this gruyere-mixed cheese and apples, carrots, bread, broccoli etc. Followed up with the broth and various meats, mushrooms, onions etc and then the chocolate - which had to be my favorite. What better way to get your daily dose of fruit but to dip it in chocolate? All week when I've been slightly frazzled and skipping dinner I pondered what other things would be good dipped in chocolate...

pretzels (maybe even those soft ones so you could skewer them) marshmallows, alesha had sponge cake but I don't doubt a twinkie would be good too...

Yep, I'm really looking forward to a couple of days off.

2 comments:

Nick said...

FONdue? More like FUNdue!
Sorry it's hard to do that with a used-car salesman voice online.

Alesha said...

mmmm....stuff dipped in chocolate

Im glad the FUNdue made a good impression. I too am of the opinion that the chocolate one is the best...as lots of stuff taste good dipped in chocolate. Twinkies might actually be pretty good!