9/10/07

It's been a slightly overwhelming day.

So I found it so randomly funny that one of the leading stories on yahoo tonight was that smell-o-vision might be making a comeback. As a fan of the foodnetwork wouldn't it be great to not have to hear alton brown utter the words - ah if you could only smell...on Iron Chef...and does carmelization really not just smell like burning sugar? Seriously, every time they claim they are carmelizing something it just looks burned to me.

They said that the person who want to bring back smell-ovision wants to do so because they enjoy willy wonka and the chocolate factory and always wondered what a snozzberry smelled like...which led me to believe they really wanted to know what it tasted like and since taste and smell are so closely linked...wa-la...the birth of taste-o-vision.

Yep...mindless fluff shared when my mind is really whirling with a few more deep problematic things...however as I was contemplating them on my way home from a meeting tonight I realized that Oprah does have a few things right and that in the midst of whatever you should remember a few things that you are blessed or thankful for...

I am thankful for Jeanette. We work together and even in the midst of just crappy days she's usually willing to just drop what she's doing to pitch in to help and she didn't knock me over the head today with our bannerstands when I made her move our trade show displays around three or four times because I "just didn't like the way they looked." She also hasn't said anything that I rather gleefully dumped the floor chairpersonship on her lap for the annual united way campaign. While not getting into the sordid details of what I know to be her life I will say that I admire her patience and I'm really happy she has found love in unexpected sources.

1 comment:

Nettie said...

Thank you Tina. However, no kudos on the United Way thing....I'm thinking of ways to get back at you for that one.... :)