The last several nights I've been trying to wind down the evening with reading a book. I picked up a few of Harlequin's Next books at the used book store and just finished this one last night. The next trademark says "Every Life has more than one chapter" and is mostly about people who make change in their lives...what prompts them to make the change and unfolds from there.Of course I was intrigued by the title...those of you who have been to my house know that I am intrigued by lighthouses. Whenever I visit a new city that has a lighthouse it typically is on my list of must see places I don't really know why...as when you read the stories of the lighthouse keepers many of them lead such a hard lonely life. I guess I just like the idea of a light in the storm...a beacon.
The book is about a first Christmas an adult only child returns home to the father she has never rally been close to after losing her mother the year before. The mother had always been intrigued by lighthouses so the father is taking his retirement money and investing in restoring the town's aging lighthouse.
*** out of 5 - interesting character development between a few of the supporting characters however everything was a bit too predictable.
No comments:
Post a Comment