It's a Mac and PC world and you'd think that I'd get used to jumping from platform to platform but you get used to the way PCs operate and forget the Macs have their own pattern of keys.
I like Macs. I'm not one of those people who insist that they are the only way to go however they do have their uses.
I've been talking to many of you about our new church - theAlley. Well we start worshiping there this weekend. Today I stopped at WLC to drop-off a powerpoint clicking sheet and make sure a new person had the ability to run the service as Dale was going to be out of town and somehow the thought of just throwing a new person to the wolves without a so much as a cheat sheet didn't really sit well with me. Should I care? Yes. I think we all should care to make the load of each other a little easier. The problem is that I don't have nearly as complicated of a life as other people so I tend to just spend time nitpicking details or overthinking stuff.
We are using a new software for worship at the Alley called Propresenter 3. It allows a person to run video underneath text files and do all sorts of simple transitions to help "enhance" worship. For the most part it is pretty easy, until you run into a problem and then I will say that their "help" manual is written by someone who is intimately familiar with the software because in reading it - the explanation just confuses me even more.
The other thing is that I know most of the songs in my head but have this sinking feeling that I'll get to church on sunday and Brian will launch into rehearsal and all of the songs will be missing verses. I know he probably just shakes his head and must wonder how I can screw up something so easy but really...everytime so far I've tried to do this, something's been out of place and then Sunday I'm scrambling to listen to them sing on with the song while I scramble to fix my mistakes....NOT FUN.
Especially when I'm a bit new at this software and it's not as straightforward as powerpoint...also, there's a bit more to think about with adjusting transitions of the words depending on the speed of the song and all in all...I'm saying a prayer that I don't get so caught up in the details but yet do a worthy enough of a job so that it does give God glory. I know I'm whining.
Today's joy - the carpets for theAlley arrived. And I hear the signs are beautiful. I think I found a solution for the candles, I got my hair cut and enjoyed a grape soda. There's something so nostalgic about artifical grape or orange or strawberry soda...maybe it was from all the years living down the street from "The Pop Shop" which had these homemade flavors of soda that dad and mom would get on our birthdays...anyhow Walmart grape soday came close to filling that for me for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment