Today's spammail included this message: Sie leben nur einmal - warum dann nicht was neues ausprobieren. Handy thing that I took all that German in highschool and college and learned German at an early age but ironic the message it translates to is something that has been bombarding me over the head the last few weeks. For those of you who don't know German because you didn't have Herr Rangl at RMHS or grow up wanting to understand what our parents were saying behind our backs allow me to loosely translate .... "They" live only once, why won't "they" think about doing something new?
I'm rutted. I admit it. I have a routine. I even probably have overstayed my job by a few years. It's comfortable. So tonight I'm thinking about 20 new things that I haven't done that I would like to do sometime in this one life that I'm living:
1. Learn html coding. I know it's not as interesting of an answer as skydiving or hang-gliding but it's doable and I could see a zillion uses for it. (also I've already been hang-gliding and I didn't so much care for the landing part.)
2. Visit all 50 States
3. See Europe (I'd say backpacking but I'm a bit beyond the youth hostel years)
4. Snorkel or scuba dive in the Caribbean
5. Sail a boat
6. Learn to ballroom dance
7. Fall in love at first sight
8. Ride in a hot air balloon
9. Karaoke without cringing
10. Learn how to play the piano
11. Write a book
12. Be an extra on a movie set
13. Actually get picked for a jury
14. Go behind the scenes of a broadway musical
15. Win a casino jackpot over $1,000
16. Check into a luxury hotel/spa, order room service and not think about the expense
17. Ride every roller coaster ever developed in the US
18. Go whitewater rafting
19. Be a game show contestant
20. Learn Spanish
Imagine where this list would go if I went to 100? It might even be less about me and more about someone else ;-)
How about you? What do you want to do before you die?
1 comment:
Good list. One of the things I want to do before I die is read all the books on my ever expanding book list. And visit Florence Italy.
Post a Comment