This a.m. I took mom and dad to breakfast to this little breakfast cafe called the Eggclectic Cafe. (I went there with some friends over Christmas and found it to be cheap and really pretty decent breakfast, but then again really how hard is breakfast to cook anyhow?)
I had the most delicious bananna bread french toast. Two slices of banana bread with fresh bananas on top and a tropical iced tea. Dad had crepes and mom had two eggs and toast.
We are really worried about dad. He's pretty much slept the entire time I've been here and has probably asked me ten times what day I'm leaving. He doesn't remember where he's going or how to get to places he's been to a zillion times (like Jewel) He insists he's fine but I don't wonder if something like maybe smaller strokes are happening to rob him of his short term memory.
Pete and Sara called and said that they are going to drive down Saturday for the day. It's not that I don't want to see them but with the health of the baby in jepodary (although sara did go back to work last week) I still don't think driving down here for 3 hours in 90 weather is that smart of an idea.
Mom and I went shower shopping. We've been invited to a baby shower in two weeks at the Dells. It's on a Sunday afternoon though and with all the time off that I've been taking I really can't afford to take off one more day and I really don't want to go anyhow. (Although I'd go just to be nice to mom who now will probably have to go to the shower on her own.)
Tonight we are heading over to my godmother's house. It's her birthday so we are going over for "cake and coffee" although, no one really eats or drinks either :)
Highlight of today (so far) Breakfast with dad
Subhighlight of today (so far) Portollio's Hot Dog for lunch
No comments:
Post a Comment