7/5/07

Spent most of the day today with my friend Amy. Amy and I have known each other since our days at Winona State. (We were both on the forensics team - and that's speech, not dead bodies.) Amy used to live in Minnesota but moved to Illinois about six years ago (and actually for a time lived about six blocks from my parents house...how's that for a small world?)

She has since gotten married to a man named Scott and just about four months ago they became parents of Grace. Grace is a chipper baby. Doesn't really fuss or cry, doesn't really do much of anything but giggle and play with her feet right now but I was so happy to have a chance to meet her, see Amy's house and finally meet her husband.

Here are some photos: (Yes, that's a lot of rock but what a beautiful house. Isn't Grace a cutie? Although that was a rather unfortunate choice of clothes that I purchased and sent her a few months ago...need to rethink the whole collar thing...I know it might come in hand seconding as a bib but it kept kind of reminding me of a flying nun's collar and well...as much as I want Grace to love God...the collar's gotta go.)



















Things I don't miss about living here: TRAFFIC AND TOLLS
Things that are great: Seeing Jerry every day...mom cooking dinner and making my bed (seriously, went downstairs to take a shower this a.m. and came back up and she had already made my bed. I told her she didn't have to do that and she said she was making beds anyhow and just figured to do mine as well.)

No comments: