7/8/07

Back to MN. UGH.

It's hot. (The temperature gauge in my apartment read 104 when I got home, it has since cooled to a crisp 95 degrees with the air conditioning on ...I've really got to get one more fan to help move air from my living room to my bedroom.

I don't want to go to work tomorrow and there was so much more I wanted to do with my vacation. Also I can't type much tonight as I have to creatively clean the rest of my apartment as they are starting work tomorrow in demolishing our balconies and I'm sure they will be in and out of my apartment (which is slightly a wreck from not being home much the last several weeks.

Pete and sara drove 6 hours to come down to visit yesterday. I think it's nuts and would have surely turned back when the police closed the interstate and they had to take side roads from Janesville. They got there...pete fixed dad's truck, and took turns doting on their dog (Lexie is a cutie but sincerely it was HOT and the dog didn't need to be in a car for six hours either.)

We joined Arnie (my cousin) at Lou Malnati's for pizza (yum) and then went to Frontier Days for about 3.2 seconds before pete declared himself to be bored and so we left.

Same thing happened when we went to Oberweis for ice cream....pete didn't like the selection so we left and went to baskin robins instead (which I thought had a crummier selection of ice cream)

Woo - hoo...yep I'd drive six hours to work on dad's car, dote on the dog and have a crummy scoop of ice cream. I saw through part of the reason....they are campaigning for a move of venues for Christmas. I know in my heart the reason for the season but somehow there's just something that doesn't sit right about celebrating from the confines of a crummy hotel room in the wisconsin dells.

No comments: