7/22/07

There actually was a internet news story about the fact that President Bush was seen sporting a pair of crocs. C'mon people - granted they are a ridiculously expensive hideous piece of footware but you've got to have ANYTHING better to report about like some hot dog eating contest somewhere.

I admit to owning a ridiculously expensive pair of birkenstocks. They aren't very comfortable. Some friends of mine say that's because I haven't worn them enough to break in but I guess I don't wonder if any pair of uncomfortable shoes might become comfortable eventually if you wear them enough?

I don't understand the whole croc phase? A couple of companies were giving crocs away at the OR trade show I went to this year. I have tried on a pair. Kind of reminded me of a thicker pair of gellies we used to beg our moms to buy us in the early 80's. They have kiosks at the mall.

It's like someone saw their gardening clogs and said to themselves - boy wouldn't these be great in other garish colors? I particularly like the ones that look like mary janes and come in the neutral colors like beige and black. (They did have a picture of the president in his...a tasteful dark loafer color that matched his suit.)

Between all of the flipflops all over (which again...not entirely sure I understand the whole fancy flipflop phase either...) and these crocs isn't it time someone put their foot down? I'm starting a campaign to bring back fancy keds...if I'm going to wreck my already flat feet I at least want my toes covered and I only want to pay about $10.00 to do it.

No comments: