7/4/07

Be it ever so hectic...there's no place like home. The flight to Illinois was okay except the boy behind us (who was about 13) alternated between crying and throwing up the entire flight and I forgot my ipod :(

Then mom and I decided to head to Walmart to pick up a few things and when we got out the car was dead. JOY! Although dad was able to give us a jump to get home it was determined that it probably wasn't just the battery that might be causing the problem...so I got Jer to take me back to the airport....

And no, I didn't catch a flight back home, but did rent a car. So now at least I have wheels of my own to go visit.

Then I headed over to the Peterson's for dinner. Kim's been my friend since freshman year of high school. Her husband Tom grilled steak and corn and made this yummy mushroom and asparagus mixture and Kim and I contributed a guacomole dip in the time that it took him to whip together the rest of the meal. Too much talking I guess. :)

Nadine is going to be 11 this year and is my goddaughter. It's so neat to see her maturing into an articulate and TALL young lady. And her brothers Grant and Kyle are just cute too...but definately little boys. We walked to the fireworks near their house...stopping along the way to pick up another family and Nadine's best friend Ana. It was also fun to see her interacting in the tweeny way with her best friend...kind of reminded me of Kim and me back in high school.



Things I don't miss about living here: traffic and tolls.

No comments: