My cousin Arnie hooked me on Martina McBride years ago. We are fans because we enjoy listening and she puts on a wonderful concert (of course Arnie would know more about that than I would because he's been to a few more concerts all over the country.)
Which is why while flipping channels this evening I happened across a show called six degrees of Martina McBride and so I watched. I probably would have turned it off around 9 p.m. It was more interesting to see the feat of whether six people could find a way from their doorstep to hook up with Martina McBride. Who do they know, that knows someone who knows someone, who knows someone who knows someone who knows Martina. (a-la six steps to kevin bacon)
I wonder if that theory would work with anyone or if you merely needed to be famous?
The person who used to have a cube next to me and I were talking a while back and it turns out we were born in the same hospital. My previous pastor back home in arlington heights was a childhood friend of my pastor here in woodbury. Sure the idea that they might know each other from seminary might be highly likely, however they lived down the street from each other probably long before the idea of being a Missouri Synod pastor came to mind.
It's an interesting concept to think about. Who do you know? Who do they know?
Another thing that came up during the portion of the show I liked was how being open to people and their story might help them reach their dream or their potential. Think about the people who have affected your life - both positively and negatively....who do you know right now and how do your lives intersect? Where will that journey bring you in a few years?
The rest of the show was a letdown. I didn't really care for any of the singers. I really hope that whomever they picked will find their dream but c'mon...haven't we had enough of american idol and america's got talent already?
And that's my two cents...
No comments:
Post a Comment