7/31/07


I moved into my new deck this evening and I must say it's rather nice and I even met three new neighbors as we all sat outside for a few minutes enjoying the space.

It's probably only about a foot larger than the old deck but it's amazing how different it feels.

I decided even that my little bistro table and chair could work perfectly in one of the corners.

Maybe it's the roof too...that it just feels like an outdoor room. (if you look over the rail you can sort of see what the roof and exterior of the deck looks like) I may even get some of those outdoor solar lights so that we can sit out there later at night.

I take back almost every bad thing I said about this project taking forever...they did a relatively decent job (although one of the posts does have a small imperfection (can you see in one of the photos what I'm talking about?)

Maybe I might even venture out and get real plants too (I gave up trying to grow them because the sun was so brutal on them all day long. (Although I am kind of partial to my fake orange marigolds I found at michaels this year)

2 comments:

Newt said...

Very nice - nothing better than sitting on the patio in a comfy chair with a book and a glass of lemonade.

Nettie said...

That is wonderful. Get out there and enjoy it. I want to see real flowers out there or I'm coming to burn your fake ones.