7/30/07

(I know this will do no good to post this however it will make me feel better that I did)
Attention family members: if you want to be personally contacted by the parents for the story about our little Emily stop reading here.


Since you are still reading...here's the scoop...
Pete and Sara's little Emily arrived today. In a hurry to get here by the sounds of it too. Sara called Pete at Reedsburg Auto at 11:00 a.m. (she was at work) and conveniently she works at the clinic next to the hospital so they put her in a wheelchair and wheeled her over. And by the time Pete arrived at 11:33 a.m. (the drive from Reedsburg to Baraboo is about 1/2 hour) Emily was already here and they were just cutting her cord. (Apparently a record time delivery/labor for the hospital too.) Mom and baby are doing well but they all sound a bit overwhelmed.

she's 6 lbs 9 oz. 18 inches long and apparently already very attached to Pete...which would be so very cute to see. It's just really hard for me to believe that Pete - the tormentor-little brother that I love is now a father. I think he will be a great dad...a tad overprotective but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Dad got the call as mom was out shopping so mom was disappointed to not have congratulated them first thing.

Dad and mom had a few other things going on today as dad had his monthly checkup with his oncologist. Good news with that is that he's not sending him in for more tests for another three months. (It seems the cycle is to go every month for a few months, not have "significant growth", wait three months and have some alarming news...so maybe this is where the cycle changes?)

At the very least it's a blessing that mom and dad can go up to see their new granddaughter without the worry overhead that they are waiting for tests. He also lectured dad pretty severely about getting more exercise so maybe that might work...since the rest of us are seemingly talking to a brick wall.

And while I haven't completely vetoed Tante Tina, I have my hope that Emily is independent and imaginative enough to eventually come up with her own nickname for me.

2 comments:

Alesha said...

Congrats Tina! you play a very important role as the Aunt. You are in charge of things like, letting her climb on things mom and dad would object to, and making sure she gets to try all the foods her parents don't like....they go on and on...

Tina said...

You will have to share your list :) I know I can hardly wait. I may even drive down there on a crazy roundtrip roadtrip this weekend.