7/9/07


DECK THE HALLS....DAY ONE

Got home this afternoon to an apartment without the crummy rusty rotting deck...I really like the idea that I will soon have a brand new deck to sit on...I may have to have a deck warming party although probably with only one or two people as they are really only widening it by only a foot or so and as you can see - it's really not all that big.

I do kind of hope they would consider adding an extension of the roof but I kind of doubt that is in the plan.

Talked to mom and dad tonight at dinner. Mom wasn't feeling well most of the time I was down visiting and she's been having trouble with her vision (as part of the symptoms of her diabetes we really have to wait and wonder about things like that) She said she's feeling a little better but still having really bad headaches (I teased her that surely since I had left the headache should be gone too)

Dad must also be losing his hearing...I swear every time he answers the phone he practically shouts hello and then has to constantly say "what?" I do wonder what if anything might snap him out of the depression he's in. Actually both mom and dad either need medication or just some movement in their life that there is hope beyond heartbreaking news. I also know it's tough for dad to want to do things because he doesn't want to admit that he can't remember how to do them or perhaps he's afraid of failing. He kept bringing up that he fell off his bicycle while trying to walk the dog the other day...to which I said that he probably shouldn't be doing that even if he was in 100% good health...for either his or the dog's sake.

Mom did say that she's ignoring the comment for the "change of venue" for Christmas. She wants to be able to spend it with the people she loves and that includes her only close relative living ...her sister Violet...so I may not have to start pinching pennies to save for a weekend at the Dells over Christmas.

No comments: