6/16/07

OBSERVATIONS OF A STRAWBERRY FEST

All in all today didn't turn out quite as bad as I envisioned. Mostly in part to Ben and Linda being able to show up early to help me out of a tent fiasco and a lucky find of a pretty nifty canopy at target this a.m. (who knew there could be so much activity at Target at 8 a.m. on a rainy saturday a.m.?)

Cottage Grove as a whole reminds me of a slightly backwards town. It's not exactly a bad thing just a tad "townie" vs. the rest of the world mentality.

They were pretty organized this a.m. as far as set up, that went pretty smoothly. There however were only 20 or so vendors which made the business area really slow and kind of lame. Next year if we do it, we should do a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society and do something like a face painting booth or have some sort of skill game and oh by the way, we are doing the heart walk.

I met two perfectly lovely people who also happen to know another one of my friends Angie because they all went to highschool together. That's the other thing...those who stay are kind of like that Hoosier mentality of know everyone who still is in town and grew up together...again not a bad thing just sort of interesting.

I met up with another long lost friend Donnell who I used to work with at Ecolab and caught up with her kids who when I last saw them brittany had just been born.


I was a tad irritated by the information booth...they didn't have any information and even if you asked the green shirted staff people there was very little information there too. Kind of hard to work the information booth if you don't know the information :)

Oh and besides a strawberry pie eating contest and strawberry shortcake and the cheesiest cowboy strawberry t-shirts, they should really consider re-naming the festival if it really doesn't have anything to do with strawberries anymore.

No comments: