At lunch today some friends and I were off on a tangent talking about kids games we used to play.
Well, actually we were lamenting (yep, exactly the right word for the situation) that we couldn't quite get away with taking a mid afternoon nap, which turned to talking about other things we used to do as kids that we just don't do today.
Anyhow, some we got on to the subject of games and in particular heads-up 7-up. Know the game? Where on rainy days we'd put our heads down in our arms and sit there with our thumbs up waiting for someone to come around and fold the thumb down without being "figured out". Kind of a lame game but we always always wanted to play it when we were stuck inside for recess.
Do kids play 4-square, teatherball, spud, kick-the-can, ghost in the graveyard? I know the ones I hang out with have played redlight greenlight or statuemaker because I make them play it when I hang out with them. I never really liked simon says...or musical chairs...or twister...or bombardment. I didn't like scooter hockey. I never could climb a rope. However I loved to play.
Saturday we spent most of the day watching these super skinny, teeny-bopper gymnasts twirling around and bouncing on a trampoline. While I know that the tramp was only part of their gymnastic routine, it was fun to watch them flip around on the trampoline and just have fun.
Give me a tire swing or any swing and I could pump my legs for hours. Board games, even the lamest thing like The Love Boat Game, could eat up hours of a rainy afternoon. But aside from a few days playing with Maddie and Carter and maybe a round of apples to apples at Nick and Alesha's I guess I don't know that I've spent all that much time playing.
There's a goal....play more :)
No comments:
Post a Comment