6/21/07

SAN JOSE - Day 1

I sat next to the cutest elderly couple on the way to California. The husband didn't say much more than three words but the woman pretty much talked the entire way from about wyoming through the sierra nevadas. She was a low talker and with my ears kind of plugged up from air pressure I kept having to have her repeat what she was saying. They were coming back from a trip to Winipeg. They met as youngsters in Winnipeg at a church function. They both worked for a telephone company and they live in a community not a town about four hour drive from San Jose...and somewhere in there was a whole discussion about Trader Joes :) oh and her husband is a private plane pilot and the flew to exotic places back in the day.

I just love listening to older people - they have such interesting stories.

Then I got to the hotel...which is okay (and boy I'm really glad I switched from the Holiday Inn as we passed it coming out of the airport and it was kind of a dive.)

Then I bought myself a day pass on the light rail line and rode the train to all four corners just to get acclimated with the city. I found the convention center and right next door found this little gem: The Guiness Book of World Records LARGEST OUTDOOR MONOPOLY BOARD. Yep, a little random of a category but it fit the "odd thing around town" thing for today.


I went to a seafood bar for dinner that I had looked up online and it was a DIVE... which typically isn't terrible, however this one was a disappointment.

Onward toward tomorrow and building the booth - day one :) hopefully everything arrived on time.




No comments: