5/30/07

Spent the evening doing laundry and flipping channels. I think we need more cabs in St. Paul and the opportunity to ride in the cash cab. I'm typically pretty decent at trivia and the idea that you get paid to ride where you are going anyhow while playing a game is just sort of fun. Have you seen this TV Show? I think I blogged about it when I restored my cable a few months ago.

Which reminds me that after watching two hours of sheer genius last night for no apparent good reason other than that's where the dial landed after the food network went to Rachel Ray's Tasty Travels - which I have to say kind of annoys me just for the sheer fact that they re-edited her $40 a day segments into a new show and that's just totally cheating the regular viewers; sort of like publishers re-releasing my favorite author Debbie Macomber old books with new covers - also very annoying - the point is I should really ditch the cable tv.

How's that for a poorly constructed sentence? Imagine having to conjugate that? Do they even make students conjugate sentences anymore? Did you have to do that? Draw a little diagram with the noun and verb and dangling participles, adverbs and conjunction-junctions?

Tonight's mindless but fun tv: You think you can dance...boy some of those people are clueless however the best was the self-professed hopper guy with the gold mask and seeing Benji from last year who is cute and can dance :)

The FCC passed some sort of law that stated by 2009 all television stations would need to be digital. I know this because as I was wandering amazon.com the other night looking for a new CD boom/box for my bedroom there was one with the option of a little black and white tv. I thought it might be novel to have a black and white tv and maybe even just a tv in my bedroom but then in small type there was a warning that pretty much said that unless you had a digital converter hooked to the tv it would be virtually useless in 2009, which granted is a whole two years away but warned me off enough that I selected the 19.99 model without the black & white tv.

First the Janet Jackson crackdown, now this - I'd think the FCC would have better things to do than climb on the cable conglomerate. What about all the grandparents who still have their dial televisions with the deluxe console from the 1970's in their basements.

Their grandchildren won't be able to lay on their itchy oriental rugs and watch their their tv while huddled in the basement. Thanksgiving will never be the same again.

Remember when the second dial on the tv was introduced? Back then we had three channels on the lower dial - Channel 32 which played the Bananna Splits and Son of Svengooli movies on the weekend. Channel 26 - the spanish station which also played Luche Libre on Sunday mornings so dad has something to watch while we went off to church and Channel 44 which really was pretty useless. I also remember getting yelled at my parents not to turn the knob too fast for fear of breaking it.

Yep, I'm getting old.

No comments: