Rick Springfield is one of those hidden gem/guilty pleasures. I'm sure he's tired of playing Jessie's Girl to a bunch of almost 40-something General Hospital fans but
I am a child of the 80's. I worked at the college radio station in the late 80's and 90's (as much as I could) but one of the things that used to drive the music director NUTS was that I would play the tamest selection from the required rotation of alternative music (back then it was groups like Del Amitri and They Might Be Giants which by todays standards probably would be too mainstream for the rotation) anyhow, I'd play the required three songs an hour and followed it up with "hits from the 80's" so for a little trip down memory lane here are some of the nuggets that I remember:
"Pop Goes the World" - Men Without Hats
"Walking On Sunshine" - Katrina & the Waves
"What About Me?" - Moving Pictures
"Summer of '69" - Bryan Adams
"I'm All Out Of Love" - Air Supply
"Don't Dream It's Over" - Crowded House
"Photograph" - Def Leppard
Anything Duran Duran or Huey Lewis & the News or Billy Joel
"Living Years" - Mike & the Mechanics
"Kyrie" - "Mr. Mister"
The German Version of "99 Luftballons"
"Stand" - REM
2 comments:
im not technically a child of the 80s, but i did have an older brother, and i do like 80s stuff...i know most of those...only vague memories of hearing them on my clock radio. good times.
Ok, you and I need to get our CD collections together and share. I'll let you down load mine if you let me down load yours :-) You listed some of my favorite favorite songs. I am a total 80's kid.
Post a Comment