5/23/07

I missed the first hour of the American Idol finale. Apparently I did not miss much. I came in right when they were giving the award to the best buddy. Kind of reminded me of the food network award show (and what a train wreck of a waste of good money that was!)

My commentary: How many more has-been stars can they pull out of the woodwork to perform and how much promotion can we possibly do to help get Taylor Hicks career out of the lows. I just laughed out loud when Bette Middler came out. To quote Randy - she was a tad pitchy.

I know it's a ratings game and I know they can sell two hours of commercials but seriously folks...the main part of the award ceremony lasted all of five minute of those two hours. So we could promote tickets to the American Idols live show and sell a few more of their charity albums or albums of carrie underwood. Also they just casually gave them two mustangs in about a minute and moved on...kind of odd/awkward.

And speaking of Carrie Underwood - camera people seemed a bit over obsessed with the close up that eventually had me admiring the color of her lipstick/gloss...very good color for her. I know she's country but the blue jean/prom dress outfit was a bit odd.

Also - what is with the sorta strapped empire waist gowns on all the women. Many of them looked hideously larger than they should have. It's just not that flattering of a style. But then again, I'm not a style maven.

They both with do well for about a year...or so. Blake will end up somewhere like las vegas with a side show act at one of the casinos. I wish them both well.

I did enjoy the dancing with the stars finale a whole lot better, even though they also sort of dragged it out a bit. I'm glad apollo won. Joey was my favorite all along but he sort of fizzled the last night. (I'm kind of a broadway - lights camera action sort of person and his theatrics had me hooked from the very first show)

No comments: