5/22/07

Extremely selfish Eco-RANTing to start in niner, bravo, delta, bravo...

Our assistant made it back from her super top-secret military summit today. Half the time I can barely comprehend what she's trying to explain to me based on military lingo and just a really odd way of communicating that I sometimes really fear for her and her troop's mission overseas. (Um...if that's where she is going because she hasn't been able to say.)

We know she is being deployed but she apparently can't tell anyone when she's going which frustrates me beyond belief. I mean, c'mon already - today she says she's been told exactly when but can't tell any of us...like we're going to run off to the head of the Army and report her or wreck some top secret mission by doing something like blogging about it to the whole wide world. (yep - the iraqi's or the afghani's have intercepted my wandering mind blog for counter-intellegence...but fortunately they were distracted enough by my inner debate - campbell's soup "chicken & stars" or Progresso Chicken Noodle that they didn't catch that yet another troop was being deployed.)

I really do feel for her and her family, especially her children however, she has taken all of this extra training and accepted a new leadership position -- it's kind of a no-brainer that she would be deployed. I do quite sincerely care where she is going, like any human would care for another human being, and I will pray for her safety, but selfishly just freakin' tell me when you are leaving so I'll know when to throw the going away party and start begging for a quick replacement.

And for the record, I rather enjoy the salty, no-nonsense goodness of a bowl of chicken & stars, particularly when I'm sick.

1 comment:

Newt said...

Hey, I am having chicken and stars for lunch. Delta bravo niner, over and out.