5/24/07

I was so looking forward to the reality series On The Lot - the latest reality tv series where they ask budding movie makers to vie against each other for a $1 Million dollar dreamworks contract. It's hardly innovative and I really hated the last part of the first episode and half of the second episode for the prima donna arguing however it is rather interesting to see a short film with three scenes directed by three different people. I also think it's amazing what some of those people were able to accompolish in just one evening.

I also think the show illustrates how hungry these people are to create and make movies because keeping people up for three days straight to shoot and edit three different movies is just a tad insane.

There was this special effect short film that I was trying to figure out how they did it. It either was an amazing bit of outlining layered over the same channel of moving movie or I don't know how they did it. :) My guess is that I don't really know how they did it.

My skills in photoshop, quark, indesign, pagemaker, illustrator, and windows movie and final cut pro are all haphazzard. That was never more apparent today when I tried to show someone how to use quark and photoshop. I know enough to sorta get by with the small stuff that I have to do, but I sincerely need to practice more and take on some more complicated projects. I also need someone to show me how to do things like mask correctly and lay a channel - somehow I've got to find some time to take a few more classes.

During the show they showed the preview for Transformers which looks very cool. Typically Brother Jer drags me to see those type of movies on our birthday - it's how I saw, star wars, empire strikes back, spiderman, independence day, armageddon, jurasic park and superman returns ...okay so probably not all of those premiered on our birthday but I do remember Star Wars opened on our seventh birthday and it was Jerry's turn to pick where we took our friends. For that birthday candle blow-out I also wished I hadn't gotten that pseudo-dorothy hamil haircut because I so wanted those Princess Leia braided side-buns. How's that for a piece of wandering pondering Tina-trivia?

There are any number of birthday movie possiblities, however I did see that Ocean's 13 is coming out fairly soon... George Clooney and a small bag-o-popcorn might be perfect. :)

No comments: