I've been blessed to do a fair bit of traveling for free with my job. Today I was talking with one of our sales reps and we got on the subject of favorite places in the USA to eat so here are a few that immediately come to the top of my mind:
Boudros on the Riverwalk in San Antonio makes the best guacomole I've ever tasted. Serrano peppers, roasted tomato, a hint of lime and a bit of orange juice - I know this because the preparation is all done tableside and mmmm a few hundred chips and a margarita on the rocks and I was a happy camper.
A cafe au lait and a beignet at cafe du monde in the French Quarter New Orleans needs no description. The people watching and the powdered sugar on the table. Pre-Katrina it was amazing to see the cultural differences of this city.
Fresh Fruit crepes at Bread & Chocolate in Georgetown. Thin crepes with fresh blackberries, blueberries and strawberries and pastry creme. Even shlepping a bunch of trade show equipment once I found this place we returned for breakfast almost every morning.
Emeril's in Orlando. Holy Expensive Batman but such interesting flavors and I'm typically not a fan of tomato relishes but boy Emeril's chefs know how to make a burst of flavor in a small amount of sauce.
Chocolate Cheesecake from Jarosh Bakery in Elk Grove, IL. Light fluffy austrian cheesecake nestled between layers of devils food chocolate cake, and chocolate and regular whipped cream.
A hot dog at Wrigley field in Chicago. Particularly on a warm day sitting in club seats along the 3rd base line. The true definition of summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment