4/16/07

My parents should have made it to the grand canyon today. The fact that there were no phone calls the last two days either leads me to belive they had some sort of evil mule accident or they are lost in a cave with no one to wander the canyon aimlessly yelling "EDIE" (pause for dramatic effect and slight pitch change) "SIEGIE" to try and find them. (But if you think about it...if you could pick two names to yell...those are kind of fun).

Or maybe they just forgot to bring their phone chargers on the trip?

Or maybe they are actually having fun. Which is my greatest hope. However, having spent the last several years and several "family" vacations with them I'm kind of thinking the canyon air might very well plumb tuckered them out so completely that they've forgotten their kin. Like how I adopted the old prospector accent to my writing in homage to the Brady Bunch Grand Canyon Episode? Yep, I'm plumb great at accents.

I got the greatest treat in the mail today. I don't receive much mail. Bills mostly. A few fliers. An occaisional card. Today I got a package. It's amazing was a little mail can add to the spark of a dreary Monday. As much as I hate to say it but picking up the package propped on my door I almost broke out into that Blue's Clues tune I had to listen to so much with Maddie and Carter years ago. I did a little jig instead and wrestled with the super strong envelope for almost five minutes because I couldn't find my scissors and I thought reaching for the Ginsu knife would be a tad overkill. So to cousin Arnie who said he sometimes visits my blog I say THANK YOU for the new stuff to listen to! I have seen Vince Gill in concert years ago and appreciate the new box set of his music. The official card will be in the mail sometime before Christmas. :)

No comments: