4/29/07

I have to take a break from suitcase strategy. Actually I'm online to check weather.com one last time to make sure a sudden heat wave isn't hitting California.

I'm sure the men in my group have their suitcases all packed...the same shirt in a different color for all four days (all conveniently dry cleaned and extra starched because they actually remembered to take their items to the dry cleaner before wednesday, three or four pairs of pants and maybe a light windbreaker. I know I should just do the same thing but there is a certain standard to cuteness and comfortable that needs to be balanced.

I really dislike business casual with clarifications...no sandals, no denim, no sleeveless. If you are presenting you should look presentable and probably more business than casual. Just a certain vagueness to the definition that is driving me nuts.

Couple that with the fact that I dislike sitting through meetings when I'm hot and I'm a tad leery about how hot 65 degrees may be. So I'm double packing a couple of short sleeved add-ins because if there's one thing I hate is getting to a meeting and knowing that I left the perfect thing at home. (Oh crap, I don't have the foggiest idea where my Eco-ville pin is...reminder to self...must find pin.)

It's utterly amazing what that pin means to certain people but it's a no-no to attend these functions without proudly brandishing it at EVERY event.

Also we have functions in the evening and most people change into something more party-ish which just throws a whole other complexity to this packing mission.

What's sad, is that I know of at least three other people who are probably sitting in their bedrooms having the same exact discussion with themself...

Monday...plane ride, outdoor reception, Tuesday boat cruise, Wednesday presentation, zoo, and beach bbq

Ah shoes...must figure out shoes....

Yep, there are days when being a guy would be SO MUCH easier.

1 comment:

Nettie said...

I hope you found your pin. And I'm certain that I'm not sorry I wasn't in my room last night having the same "brainache" you were over clothing. Have Fun!