5/5/07

I'm back. My internal clock never adjusted to california time as my roommate can attest to as every morning I'd try and look at the clock around 3:30 a.m. and quietly groan. (Except for Wednesday when the groan was actually attributable to falling out of bed. These beds were those extra high cushy beds with the extra soft under cushion under the sheet...well needless to say I misjudged the edge as I rolled to check the time and pitched myself off the bed...gracefully of course.)
We were staying at the Hotel Del Coranado which apparently is haunted. We were in the older building where the ghost lives so ever creak and odd sound I attributed to her.

I was exhausted monday night and barely made it through our cocktail reception. The first few nights it was FREEZING! Cloudy...dreary.


I took these shots at our beach bbq on Wednesday. Kind of reminded me of the songs...praise you in this storm and Oh no you never let go...




Of course the weather wasn't completely bad. It was sunny most of the time we were in meetings. I took these shots of the flowers in our courtyard...which was a cheery way to start the morning.

And I did get some parting shots of San Diego which made me smile. (i'll post those next time.)

Some last thoughts:

1. I love our salespeople. They work hard, are decent people and have the most interesting stories.

2. Sometimes it's best not to know gossip because it just can wreck a trip.

3. Middle seat hogs on 3-hour airplane trips after staying up all night the night before can be VERY ANNOYING...probably more annoying than babies crying.

4. I'm not cut out to party like a rockstar until 3 a.m. or midnight even.

5. I am addicted to the internet and may need an intervention. It took us until Thursday to get service out there and by then I was so far behind on work that the thought of blogging or doing anything remotely fun was so far removed.

No comments: