Dad had to have further tests on his left lung today. For those of you following Dad's saga - the left lung is/was his "better" lung. His cancer doc said Friday that there are signs of new nodules developing and he is checking them out. Mom said that the doctor has not said if the nodules are in his upper or lower lung which will determine the next course of treatment. If it's lower then there is a less likelihood they will treat anything and if there is development in the upper then perhaps there may be options like surgery.
This is his good lung and he's already breathing terribly hard just from simple exhertion. Also, he just sounds so dejected. I know, it's terribly judgemental of me when I have no idea what it would be like to think you are in the clear and go in for what should be a routine check and poof your whole belief system changes.
It was a BEAUTIFUL day here. We had the Twin Cities Heart Walk today. The area down by lake harriet island is actually really restful. I hadn't noticed that much before. But on a sunny 75 degree day, I didn't mind so much being out exercising for the cause :) Okay, I don't ideally think we were able to do much more than a shuffle and I certainlly didn't get my target heart rate up. I did pick up a nifty pedometer.
According to the contraption I have done 6,005 steps so far today. I am tired. (Probably more from sleep depravation of the last several days) I have no idea how they think you can really get 10,000 steps in a day unless you really go for 2 mile hikes.
1 comment:
Keeping your dad in my prayers.
Post a Comment