4/12/07

Got home tonight at 7. Watched 15 minutes of that "you might be smarter than a 5th grader show". There are several things apparent:

I am not smarter than a 5th Grader, 4th Grader or even a 3rd Grader.
Kids are doing a lot harder math in the 4th grade than we did. I think we were just learning our multiplication tables in the 3rd and 4th grade - I know for a fact that Mrs. Butereo did not have us figuring out the supplementary angle of a triangle. In fact, I didn't even get asked about triangles until at least sophmore year of high school (Geometry still makes me cringe.) unless it was drawing a roof on my stick-people's house or making one of those origami fortune teller things.

At eco-ville the other day over the wall of my cube I heard Katie and Liesel talking about trying to remember how to make one of those fortune teller things...so I pulled out a piece of paper, because I'm an annoying cubical eavesdropper and a made them one and threw it over the wall :) Yep I may complain about my never ending "to-do"list but I have time for the important things.

The big disappointment for this evening had to have been The Office. Only a few clever moments...I totally had to laugh at the potato switch. We have someone at our office who would have done the EXACT same thing and never notice. Blech - ever eat a raw potato? Even just getting a slighly un-done french fry is kind of gross.

I also had to laugh at the whole Kelly bet when she was talking about Netflix. Just the whole idea of sidebetting a bet like that is classic-ly our office too.

We also have to sit through painful safety lectures. They are important...I get that. But if we truly got up from our desks as often as the safety police would want us to, very little work would get done. Hmmm maybe I'll use that as my excuse this week?

No comments: