I need to stop scheduling photo shoots. EVERY time we schedule one I'm driving out to Eden Prairie in a blizzard. Okay so I exaggerate but hopefully the drive tomorrow will be uneventful and the photoshoot won't last all day.
It's amazing to me how long photoshoots take. The lighting and placement of products and we have probably eight photos to shoot. It's probably going to take all day.
Videotaped a few people for the national sales meeting. I really wish I had more time to do projects like these because they are fun and more along what I thought I would be doing with my life when I was a starry eyed collegiate at Winona State.
It's not that I regret where I'm at because I think I've landed in a pretty good place. Jon mentioned at the Prayer Team meeting monday that his daughter asked what sort of things he day dreamed about the future, the present or the past.
I have to admit that the last few weeks I've been thinking a lot about the future - what it will look like, where I want to be, what's my motivation for wanting to be there etc. but during my non-waking hours it seems my dreams have been focused on the past.
Kim and I studied a lot of topics in the summers during high school. One of the topics - Dream Analysis. (Kind of goes with the other occult topics like Ouiji boards, Zodiac, Tarot Card Reading, Psychics etc.)
Going to the library was cool (both just as we liked to learn and quite literally, when air conditioning is at a premium the library always had theirs running) and Arlington Heights has the best library by far of any library I've seen.
I went to the Newport library which kind of reminded me of what I think the library would look like on little house on the prairie. I went to the libraries of Cottage Grove and Woodbury and even those libraries, while hundreds times better than Newport's just don't hold a candle to the Arlington Heights library.
I love books. Probably why I was an English major for a while. There might even be a book lurking inside of me, although I have always been more drawn to writing poetry than some sort of short story. Not the sort of rhyming poetry but that sort of rambling poetry that just meanders. I'm just not a queen of crafting dialogue. I rather enjoy stringing words together and I think that's also what intrigues me about reading and probably also what keeps me babbling via this blog.
I actually found a whole box of old papers. It was fun to read them. That's probably why they've travelled with me through four houses and upteen hundred miles of moves. Inside I also found my High school transcript and a copy of the Kuder Occupational Interest Survey we were required to take our senior year of high school. According to the score back them I had the following career similarities:
Minister, Religious Ed Director, Counselor, Librarian, Bookstore Mgr., Television Station Director, Elem School Teacher, Department Store Sales Clerk, or Secretary. Yep that was a helpful test. Pretty much told me that I could be ANYTHING except maybe a mathmatician or a rocket scientist - both of which I knew without a doubt I didn't want to be in the second grade.
No comments:
Post a Comment