3/25/07

I am aghast at what some people write about on this wonderful medium called blogging.

For the world to see, there's only so much of ME I'm willing to put out there.

I prefer a little mystery ...sure you all know I love to whine and complain about Eco-ville, and ideally I'm really working hard, especially after today, to stop whining so much to people who don't know these people...because I do tend to over-dramatize the little things in my life entirely too much and I'll go on record and say that this blog is sort of my husband-replacement of the "honey, how was your day?" answer.

Okay, blog-pause for a plea to ban the overuse of the endearment HONEY when you are in public...or maybe just around me. I don't know why this endearment just grates on my last nerve but sincerely, some people I know (and you may not even realize who you are!) just say that word too much. I'm a romantic as much as the next person but c'mon....give it a break...you both have perfectly lovely names, why can't you use them?

I now return you to pondering already in-session...

In particular for complete strangers who tend to hop from blog to blog thanks to the links people put on their blogs, I know entirely too much about some people and others just leave amusing tidbits that make me smile. If you are going to spill everything, then perhaps you should figure out how to privatize your blog?

Then again, maybe I'm in the wrong for reading it? It's just so interesting to me to see what's on people's mind.

REVIEW #2 of THE NEW WOODBURY CAFE:

So after church I met up with a few lovely women (part of our singles restaurant group) for brunch at the cafe. I think they need to re-think the decor of the back room area (the tables and chairs set-up kind of reminded me of the cafeteria at Montgomery Wards that my grandpa used to enjoy sitting with us to have a coke while my mom and grandma shopped.)

I decided to get the simple eggs benedict. Actually for a busy Sunday and our large group order they were amazingly fast with the service. They must just have griddles filled with hashbrowns waiting....

The serving was HUGE. Two perfectly poached eggs. Velvety hollandaise. Kind of blah english muffins and really thin slices of ham. Served with crispy hashbrowns. If there's one thing that maybe could have been a tad better it's that the hashbrowns were also kind of blah...a tad over cooked for my tastes.

I don't think I'm cut out to eat that rich of food anymore. It was very good, but I think I liked the french toast better. The company however was an interesting group of women some of whom I met before. It's just sort of hard at these short dinners/lunches to get to know much of anything about anyone...maybe because at times I just tend to talk too much....ah well...

Everyone else had similar plates of caloric laden goodness, mostly drowned in hollandaise. The andoille sausage looked spicy. The spinach looked a bit much and the crab cake might very well put me into a caloric stupor.

Still resisted the "to-die" for oj. May have to try eating lunch there...someday. All in all, I give two and a half stars out of five. It's still a tad pricey and the ambience is kind of in dire need of a makeover.

No comments: