I admit, especially now that I have cable again I watch way too much tv. While I was in Orlando I caught the tail end of who wants to become a pusscat doll or somesort of thing. Sincerely, made me wonder what next? Is this what we want our daughters striving for - to become the next pussycat doll? And I also realized I've been so far removed from that sort of culture that I actually had to google what a pussycat doll actually was...some sort of carmen electra thing? Yep, I'm clueless. In one breath the judge was saying the girls didn't need to strut around like strippers and then they made them dress up in skimpy outfits and dance their way behind glass at a bar to show that they were confident.
This evening I flipped between Grease - your the one that I want (which makes me wonder if they are really going to get that big of a broadway boxoffice with that show?) and my other guilty pleasure - Americas Next Top Model.
I stopped watching American Idol as the judges really make me irritated and they've even completely ruined Amazing Race (which used to be my ultimate favorite show) by bringing back the whining team of charla and myrna...I cannot watch them.
You'd think with over 200 channels at my disposal I'd find something far more educational to watch on the discovery channel but nope...my remote seemingly finds these sort of brain sucking brilliant shows like Top Designer or Iron Chef America which truly explains why there's also a show which asks the question about whether you know more than a 5th Grader?
I guess I can always turn off the tv. Haven't gotten that far yet. Sure, I'll switch the channel...there's bound to be another 1/2 hour food network kitchen makeover show I haven't seen.
I really do think I need an intervention...or maybe I should just lose the remote control :)
No comments:
Post a Comment